We are pleased to have the contribution of Rabbi Joshua Halickman for this year’s Mitzvot Unplugged about The Sports Rabbi’s Bar/Bat Mitzvah Experience.
The Sports Rabbi’s Bar/Bat Mitzvah Experience
A Bar and Bat Mitzvah is an opportunity to grow and learn about becoming Bnai Mitzvah, and being part of a larger story. It can also be an opportunity to do this through the lens of the things the Bnai Mitzvah cares about. The Sports Rabbi’s Bar/Bat Mitzvah Experience invites you to explore Israel through the exciting world of Israeli sports.
Create your Israel Sports Experience
• Take part in a basketball, soccer or tennis training session with a professional male or female player with some of the most fascinating experiences representing Israel
• Attend a professional basketball or soccer game at one of the brand new state of the art stadiums
• Participate in the Israel Olympic Experience
• Take a behind the scenes tour of a Sports TV Studio
• Meet some of Israel’s modern day heroes and greatest athletes
• Sign a Lifetime contract with one of the clubs as a Special Ambassador
• Experience other sports being played in Israel from Handball to Volleyball and everything in between
• Learn about the State of Israel through the lens of Israeli Sports
• See sports as a tool to improve Israeli society, including visits to athletic programs for at-risk youth, special needs children, immigrants and refugees
Service Ceremony or Mitzvah Project
The Israel Sports Experience can also be combined with a service/ceremony and/or a Mitzvah project. For instance, Rabbi Josh can arrange for a shacharit service with Torah reading at the Kotel, Robinson’s arch or the Tayelet followed by brunch. If the Bar or Bat Mitzvah want to do community service, they can do a sports related community service with at risk youth or kids with special needs. Or they can do non-sports related community service- preparing food packages for the needy, the soldiers, visiting a nursing home or more.
From recent Bar/Bat Mitzvah Sports Rabbi Experiences:
“The Sports Rabbi masterfully crafted a truly life-changing Israel Sport experience for my 13-year old son: inspiring him to see the beauty of the Land of Israel, People of Israel and strive to grow as a Jew, all through the medium of sport that so many of American kids appreciate. No other experience during the trip comes even close to the one you shared with us. We are so grateful!” – GB
“We got to see Israel from a completely different perspective, combining its history with nationalistic pride. My daughter met famous, extremely talented, female athletes, who will serve as incredible role models for her as she continues to play on her multiple sports teams. This was a day like no other. Thank you for giving my daughter the opportunity to live a “dream day” for her Bat Mitzvah. This is a day she (and we) will never forget.” – SH
“Josh was so friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable. We all had fun and learnt a lot in the process. All three generations of the family enjoyed the day.” –TS
“The Sports Rabbi is very knowledgeable and we learned an incredible amount. Josh organized a very enjoyable, customized day for our basketball loving family. Our kids said it was a highlight of our recent trip to Israel. It was great to see them so inspired.” -AF
Contact Josh at email@example.com
Website: Israel Sports Adventure
Joshua Halickman has been working in Israel’s sports and tourism industries for over a decade.